Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Sunday Charity Mtg & Tacos

I was already feeling better on Sunday, but decided to forgo soccer practice (wanted to attend this week, but I am giving running and sports a break until I'm healthy). Instead, I slept in late and got up just in time to trek into Sannomiya (central Kobe) for our Charity Committee meeting at 2. The meetings can get a little long at times (we chat a lot), but I guess our AJET Committee was voted the best in Japan (each of the 47 prefectures has one) and our publication (including my monthly column) was also voted the best for this year. Anyways, the group was small, but our meeting was standard. We were going to grab a pint at the new Irish Bar, The Blue Fox, afterwards to check it out for future events (our normal spot, Ryans Irish Pub shut down and most of the staff went to Blue Fox), but it was closed.

It was getting sort of late and Kel and I had plans, so we decided not to go on with the rest of the group, but instead met Lena and headed over to our friend Shag's apartment in Sannomiya for a taco party and Babel. The movie was a little too serious and depressing for the mood of the taco night (and we only had Japanese subtitles which isn't cool when a third of the movie is in Spanish, Arabic (?) or Japanese...), but it was a great time. I think the plan is to do a grill night next week:)

Even though I've been resting and seem better, my energy level is still a little low, so I am taking it easy. We have open Open High School on Monday and Tuesday (for the Junior High kiddies) and I have Japanese class tonight (and maybe Wednesday... might be doing two nights in preperation for the upcoming proficiency test??), so more interesting things to come later. In the meantime, hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home