Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Friday, November 02, 2007

CLV news

I just got a new newsletter from Concordia Language Villages, the summer langauge-immersion program I used to work for. It seems they are adding a 15th language, Portuguese, which is really exciting. Arabic was the most recent before that.

I have been trying to advocate the summer programs (and possibly working as a camp counselor) to my senior students who are pretty good at English and want to go abroad - as well as other JETs who want something to do during the summer - for a while now. I only spent a weekend at the Japanese camp (in Dent) visiting a friend, but I have had a lot of exposure through the Norwegian Villiage and am confident in saying CLV offers a truly amazing program. I love their philosophy on responsible global citizenship, working there is a LOT of fun and it's great environment to be in.... esp if you like to travel.

Anyways, I noticed there are a few upcoming events at the Walker Art Center and such (although that one is just for children - but does include Japanese), so check out the website if you're interested: www.concordialangaugevillages.org.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home