Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Friday: Gearing Up for the Weekend

TGIF...honma ni. This was a long week and I'm glad it's Friday. We have a big weekend ahead, but I've been up too late pretty much every night ("insomniaching") and it's starting to take a toll. I stayed at work pretty late tonight to work with the student who will compete in the Kakogawa Higashi speech contest tomorrow. There's still a few small areas that could use some work, but he has come a LONG way and I'm really proud and excited for him. Tomorrow night is also our first big Charity event and I have the discussion group and another kids' halloween party on Sunday evening.

It's going to be busy, but I'm really excited for the Halloween party. Kelly and Lena came over last night and we put together and tried-on our Halloween costumes. I was able to furnish both a Britney Spears get-up and a Tomb Rador costume from my closet... not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Anyways, saw the girls again tonight. We just went to dinner and went shopping for the rest of what we needed. It was fun.

I have run a couple times this week, but I just don't have the energy today. Lena and I went for over an hour last night, though, and I think she is going to be a good partner for the long weekend runs (and marathon in the spring!). I don't think I'll get another run in before the weekend is out.

Alright, I'm going to hit the hay and finish up tomorrow. Hope you have a great weekend! I'll post pictures from the party next week!

Have a spooktacular Halloween weekend! -Bren :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home