Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

We Made The Paper: Halloween!

My co-chair for the charity committee did an interview with Kobe Shimbun (Kobe Newspaper) about the Halloween Charity Event we are hosting in Akashi this weekend. It hit newsstands today.

Check it out! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Shimbun)

In addition to the festivities, autumn and Halloween are definately in the air! While Japan does not have the same Halloween traditions that we do in America, you certainly wouldn't be able to tell it from walking through the stores here. There would not be, for example, any problem at all finding a costume! While I took the easy route and was a witch last year (see above), I have finally decided that - this year - I am going as Dana Scully from X-Files. I think one of my friends sort of looks like Mulder and I've gotten a "Hey Scully" once or twice, so we decided to make the most of it and go as the famous FBI-partners.

I'm still working on my costume, but another friend, Chris, is going to be another FBI agent. We're even getting badges and replicas of the standard issue guns for FBI field agents (Sig Sauer P226).... it should be pretty great!




What do you think?
xo-Scully

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home