Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Bloodring Around the Moon

I got a text from a friend last night telling me to go outside and look at the moon. The sky was shrouded with clouds, but the moon could be soon directly above me and it clearly had a red ring around it. While I swear I have heard this called bad luck, and maybe even the 'blood ring' (although I don't know where?), it is apparently just a sign that rain is coming. I even foud this old poem about it:"When there's a ring around the moon, rain or snow is coming soon."

It poured harder today than it ever has during my time here, so I guess the latter explanation was right. It still felt appropriate and a little spooky with Halloween coming up, though... anyone else notice the effect?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home