Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

More on Weddings

On the earlier subject of making post-Japan plans, I have some more big wedding news! My very best friend, Kristin, got engaged last Friday. We've been friends since we were 7 and she is like a sister to me. Luckily, I absolutely adore her fiance, Luke, and am really excited about the news. Luke actually sent me an email last Monday telling me he was going to propose and asking what I thought about it; it brought me to tears. I mean seriously, how cute is that to ask the best friend for permission?!

So Kristin asked me to be her Maid of Honor, but the wedding is at the end of July, which complicates plans a bit. I was considering traveling in SE Asia or Russia after my contract expires, but after missing Kat's wedding, I am not willing to sacrifice another important life event. Granted, I still don't know where I'll be living in a year, but time at home would be nice.

It's all pretty exciting. We're growing up, guys... so many people getting hitched... I couldn't be happier for them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home