Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Random Laws

This one is just kind of funny. If you're bored, thought you might want to check this out...

The UK's Most Ludicrous Laws: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7081038.stm

Speaking of ridiculous laws, I wonder if the Harimacho IFA is aware that it's illegal to get a fish drunk in Ohio. Totally using that one for English camp trivia!

Alright, I'm getting back to work... gotta hit the books. Three weeks until the Japanese proficiency test and I only have, oh, a few hundred kanji to learn before then. We did some practice tests in Japanese class last night and I'm definately in trouble. For some reason, I care a lot less now than I did before, though (probably because signing up for a more difficult level to "challenge myself" backfired and became more "shooting myself in the foot"). Despite the reality of the situation, however, I'm still going to give it a shot.

I'm having dinner in Himeji with an old pal I haven't seen in a while tonight, so I guess it's now or never if I want to get stuff done. I talked to Yahoo BB about my internet problems this morning (I haven't had it at home since Friday!), by the way, but they weren't much help so I'm still mostly internet-less until further notice... it's inconvenient, but probably a good thing. Maybe it will force me to study!

Enjoy your Thursday, folks! I'm out. -b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home