Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Monday, November 13, 2006

The New Love Doc on the Block?

I am not sure if I signed up or if I was roped in, but I am now the regular columnist of a relationship advice column for a local expat newspaper. It only goes out to people in my prefecture, but there are a few hundred of us. Yes, I know, I know... not exactly Carrie Bradshaw, right? I was extremely skeptical at first, but now I am warming up to the idea of writing this column and am starting to like adding something a little different and fun to my new routine.
While there is not much‘research’ on my side (not the type from S&C, at least), I've just been sharing thoughts and info on whatever I feel like lately. For my recent article on konpa, or group blind dating in Japan (yeah, I thought it was weird, too, hence the article this month), I interviewed a few people and opened a few more doors in the mysteries shrouding the Japanese culture.
The original idea was that people would send in questions, however, which I would answer. But since that has not been happening, thought I would ask: anyone out there have anything to be solved? It might be published, but not for many, and you'd be saving me from making up questions...eek...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home