Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wed Morning = better

Wow, I actually made it through a morning without any glitches.

My new schedule is busy, but it's so good to be back with the kids and sort of get into the swing of things again.

I definitely don't have much free time during the day anymore (including time for grading/planning/etc), which I am sure will take a toll at some point, but for now... green light means go. Sadly, I'm the type of person who works best when I have about 10,000 things going on so I'm probably just happy right now because I don't have time to slow down :-p

This morning I did two new lesson plans that went really well (trust me, that doesn't always happen so it's good when they do), and I got to spend one of my 3rd year classes with a small group of about 8 of my favorite students. We got some extra time to talk and I really enjoyed catching up with them. It's strange because there are only about 4 months left before they finish school and move onto different things (was proofing English for their goodbye message in the yearbook today - eek!), but I have known them basically since I came and it's been kind of cool watching them grow up. Wow, does that make me sound old, or what?

I'm heading to the gym with my new coworker tonight to learn how to lift weights. I really only run, which is a good workout, but I'm trying to commit to getting back into shape and really have no idea what I'm doing with the handweights sitting in my closet. It still sucks getting home after dark with speech training, but it'll be good to work out after a long day at work.

Oh, and btw... the Tigers won :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home