Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Got the Phone Fixed

My phone is working again. I'm happy, but I honestly don't get what the problem was.

I rushed into Sannomiya (Kobe) after work last night to talk to the English-speaking staff at Softbank before they closed. Luckily, the same guy who helped set up Ben's phone on Sunday was working (so he remembered me) and he merely pressed a few buttons and had my phone sending messages again in about a minute. Eh?

My email has been blocked essentially every afternoon since I started using the new phone, but as long as it's fixed, I suppose I'm happy. Maybe it was a security thing (kids phone...), but if it happens again, I am definitely just going straight to the shop to have them fix it.
Also sort of surprising, but I think the new kiddy phone is growing on me. Even the pink color, which I was not wild about at first. I originally wanted to get something a little more hightech (like, for people over 13) and I am a little annoyed that the model doesn't have a function that tells you if you have messages/calls on the outside (ok, it has a blinking light but no text), there is no info-red technology (to transfer information between two phones) and that there is no clock on the outside, but I'm starting to get used to it. The 3.2 mega-pix camera is pretty good, too. Granted, the phone doesn't have English so I can't read all the messages or functions - yet - but I think it's like anything else... takes time :-P It's probably good for learning Japanese, too... I've already learned one new kanji from figuring out the menu!
For those of you in Japan, my old phone is shut-off, so email me if you need the new info.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home