Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Warning about the Amazing 子供モビル (Kids Phone)

I didn’t teach any classes today, but I am so exhausted right now. I think it's because I just spent over two hours going through my mobile phonebook and copying down all the information. Whew.

So it appears that the RIDICULOUSLY cheap new phone plan I switched to might be limiting the number of messages I can send per day. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t realize that fact until I had already cancelled my old phone plan and BEFORE I had emailed everyone to tell them I have a new number/phone-email account. Yeah, don't even say it. Silly, I know. Anyways, to make up for the error (and not being able to send anything), I've now spent the afternoon copying down everyone's information so I have a backup stored and also so I can send them a regular PC email with my new info. Sending out a group email is easy enough, but the copying part is killing me.


On a more serious note, though, I am crossing my fingers that it is not the case that my outgoing messages & calls are limited. It would cause an issue, but it is possible. The plan and phone that I just signed up for are technically for children, so I can see the phone company setting limitations and restrictions on how much a kid can use their phone.


I am going to talk to the provider today to see if I can get things sorted out, but I’ve only sent three emails (text messages) so far this morning (one to about 5 people) and I’ve already hit the quota!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home