Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hawaii: Today's the Day!

I am so excited to leave for my trip tonight that I can hardly sit still in my chair at work right now! I'm trying to finish a lesson plan about travel, actually, to use when I get back. I was hoping to do two lesson plans before going, but, well... it happens.

I am finally all packed and ready to go. I've been on the scale, off the scale, on the scale again (to weigh my bags), and repacked about 25 times this week, but both of my suitcases (mostly full of things I don't use, presents and Japanese "heirlooms") are exactly at the weight limit and ready to fly. I am not leaving until 10:35 tonight (strange time, eh?), so I still have the morning and afternoon free, but I decided not to bike to work since it might rain today.

I hung out with some of the new guys in the community last night: Caohime - pronounced "Queeva" from Ireland, Brayden from Iowa, Tu from NZ, AJ from Cape Cod, Tam & Clayton ("Clam") from the states, and Craig from Ohio. We just went to Sushi Ro and the re-use store (very kitchy in a fabulous way). They are a lovely bunch... we have an IFA event the day I get back to Japan, and I think I'm actually looking forward to coming back and seeing them all (plus Kel) right away. After dinner, Miwa came over to do some stuff on my computer and gave me some guidance on what to pack. Lowkey but nice evening.

This will be my last post from Japan, but I am really looking forward to this trip. It'll be nice to be at home (although I anticipate it to be busy, too), but the few days in Hawaii are a bonus vacation. If nothing else, escaping the heat is worth it. I'll try to post from home, but until next time, take care and enjoy the summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home