Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Dating Column Update

As some of you know, I write a monthly dating column in a local expat newsletter. It's nothing fancy (I'm no Carrie Bradshaw...), and I obviously don't know everything, but it's been a good way to explore some different aspects of the Japanese culture and work on my English writing skills while I'm here. And while it's been fun enough to do over the last year... I wouldn't mind handing it over to a new, fresh-faced dating expert.

So, good news to announce... I think the end of my reign as Hyogo's Dating Queen (uh, yeah right...) may be coming to a close!! This hasn't been the best year to have taken on a dating column (ahem.... yeah), so I expressed interest in passing on the column to someone new to my editor a few months ago. Well, it takes time and I still have a few article ideas on the drawing board that I wouldn't mind working on... but it looks like I might have finally found a sucessor. Better yet... it's a guy. I think I'm going to do a few articles, then maybe we'll do a joint one (like go on a group date to do a "he said, she said" type of thing) before he takes over completely.


I realize I am going to miss doing the articles a bit, but I am really, really excited about this new guy. He seems funny, genki, speaks a lot of Japanese, and he's lived here before (and had Japanese girlfriends), so the dude may be able to give a little more grounded info. Kanpeki yo.

Wakawakashimasu!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home