Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Summer Salad

Whenever I head to a potluck, I usually bring a salad. I think it's my favorite food and it's sort of turned into "my thing".

The "cooking" process usually involves cutting up whatever fruits and veggies that I like at the moment and throwing it all into a bowl, so it's not exactly difficult, but I guess the combos just work. Maybe it's luck?

Anyways, just made a really good one and thought I would share the recipe ;-)


Currently Eating (Summer Salad):
Chopped Lettuce
Peeled & Finely Chopped Cucumbers
Sliced Tomatoes
Shredded Swiss Cheese
Sliced Chicken Breast
Sliced Strawberries
Sliced Mandarine Oranges (from the can)
Crunched up frosted flakes for croutons

Ranch Dressing (altho I usually make a balsamic & olive oil blend)



You should try it... especially with dried cranberries or raisins... yum, yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home