Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Going to Meet Krystal at the Bus...

Today was pretty slow at work (hence all the back-uploads!), but I'm looking forward to a great weekend.

It's Friday evening and I'm heading out soon to meet my friend Krystal in Kobe, who is coming to visit from America for the next week and a half. I talked to Krystal when she was the airport and she was a little nervous about not speaking the language or being able to read anything once she got here, but I am pretty confident she'll be more than fine.

It was sort of funny, though. I had planned a day itinerary for Krystal today, completely forgetting about the time difference and the fact that even though she LEFT on Thursday morning in America... she doesn't arrive here until Friday evening. Oopsies. I guess it's OK, but I hope Krystal is up for a big weekend. Tomorrow is the big cherry blossom festival at Himeji Castle, another hanami event in Amagasaki and then dinner and karaoke in Kobe. We're actually going to stay in Amagasaki and then go hiking on the Rokko chain on Sunday (fingers crossed the rain - if it comes - has at LEAST stopped by then!!), ending at Arima, the famous hot spring town. Claire absolutely adored Arima when she came (even though bathing naked with other women is sort of weird your first time, especially for Americans), so I hope Krystal also enjoys it.

Anyways, I'm going to do a few more things and head out but I'm sure we'll be running around - and have lots to report - in the next 9 days! Oy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home