Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fall Is Here!

The leaves are changing and the weather is cooling down (again).  With the change in the season, a lot of people have taken ill (pesky little colds), but overall, things seems to be going smoothly (if not quickly) as fall schedules fill up and we all look forward to the upcoming winter holidays.

Today was a pretty busy day for my new school, but it went well.  Due to a business trip next week, two three-day weekends, the 2nd year class trip to Malaysia and winter exams, I will really only have one more class with these kids before next year.  Pretty crazy, especially when I am starting to get to know them a bit and have some fun in class.  As I mentioned, there is a nasty cold going around.  For some reason, illness seems to linger a bit longer in this country, too, so I wasn't surprised  

Alright, I think I need to get to bed.  I also think we just had a minor earthquake.  The crazy thing is that I could hear a strange sound (low rumble for two seconds), then everything shook for a second, then it was over.  Oh man, I don't think I could ever get completely used to this, but thank goodness I got over the fear of these things a while ago.  Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home