Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Going Bonkers for Bananas

The new diet fad in Japan?  BANANAS.

Last week, I was grabbing lunch at the konbini (convenience store) with some friends when one of them commented on the recent lack of bananas in Japan. I eat the things pretty regularly (it's fruit and it's cheap for Japan), and while I hadn't noticed a huge change in availability at my grocery store prior to the comment, I have noticed that they really are missing from the shelves at a lot of places since.

Anyways, a lot of people around me have started to talk about (or try) this diet, it's been on the news and now three different people have sent me articles about this crazy new diet idea (bananas for breakfast).  SO, I decided to send it on... consider it your pop culture lesson for the day.  Dozo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home