Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Full Week. Long Week. Flew By.

This week has gone by faster than almost any other I've had in Japan, probably because it’s also been one of the busiest. At least it's been definitely been anything but dull.

Monday
I was at the new school on Monday and had a full day of classes (with English Club after school), but I woke up with sort of a bad eye (red, painful & puffy) and wasn't feeling that well, so I decided to get eye drops and just spend the night in. I spent most of the evening cooking (something I forget I really like to do...) and relaxing. Miwa, my neighbor, did have to come over to help me when I went a little overboard with the simple idea of a taco salad (making enough for four, plus other dishes) and two other neighbors stopped by for a bit, but we pretty much just laid around for most of the evening, talking (and Miwa actually helped me with some Japanese homework, which I decided to do, for once!).

Tuesday
Tuesday was a new music lesson that I had fun making a mix for over the weekend. I didn’t have speech training after school (Megan's sick), but I did have a lot of notebooks to correct, so I did as much as I could and headed off to Japanese class in Kobe. The class was good, but the atmosphere was definitely funny this week. People seemed to be in a funny, chatty mood. I got called on a lot more than normal and the 15-year-old-exchange-student-Chinese-boys were picking on me maybe a bit too much (one stole my train pass for a little while!). It was at least productive to use Japanese for a bit. Afterwards, I just headed home to meet Dave for a late dinner (which he brought ingredients for... wow) and a movie.

Wednesday
So this brings us to yesterday, Wednesday. I had four totally new classes, but the lesson I planned went well (whew). In the evening, I stayed up pretty late, talking on the phone to a few friends. I have a really good phone plan, but I should try to make my catch-up calls more frequent (or use email more)... I think I was on the phone for over 4 hours!

Today - Thursday
I just saw a survey online stating that 1/3 of workers admit to calling in fake sick days. Let me just tell you right now that this wouldn't work at my job (they'd come to my house to check on me or want a doc's note), but if it did, today would be the day. I guess I can just be happy knowing tomorrow is Friday and we're off to Okayama Prefecture (TGIF!).

Random Sidenote about the Election...
On another interesting note, I was just looking for an election article I had seen on the front page of yahoo.com earlier today about Palin being a liability to the McCain campaign. I can't find it anymore, though, and am wondering if Yahoo might have gotten their hand-slapped and pulled it down. Let's hope they don't filter their news like that.

I found similar content on Yahoo Answers, a similarly-themed poll and a few other bits and pieces here and there... but the article itself is definitely gone. あいやしna...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home