Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Term 1 Grades are F.I.N.I.S.H.E.D. !!

Ahh. In the last week (or so), I have written four tests, corrected 300 hundred essays & another 300 hundred tests, counted thousands of bonus points (each a slip of paper with a name/student number on the back), entered all these grades into Excel (including another final for 300 kids), baked peanut butter cookies with my ESS club and practiced doing STEP Test Interview Tests with all my kids...


And you know what, I feel pretty darn good about it! :) Finally FINISHED!

In addition, can I just say that the Tokyo Orientation Guidebook is FINISHED, and while my personal social life is a little crazy right now (SOOO many goodbyes and people I wish I could see more, anyways), I'm feeling so much better now that these things are checked off the list.

Right now, I'm working on a sponsorship proposal for my volunteer stuff - so it's not all over yet - but it's better.

Classes are cancelled today and tomorrow for a school-wide sports day where classes from different grades get to play each other dodgeball, volleyball & soccer. This is something these kids definitely deserve... (so do their teachers!).... so I think it's time to get off the computer and get outside to join them! More to you guys later, but for now... time to play... <>!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home