Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Singstar Rockstars

I went to dinner with some friends last night and had some of the m0st fun I've had in while (especially considering I didn't even have to go anywhere). Actually, I've been a very lucky girl this whole weekend with all the adventures, fun people visiting and good company.


The food last night was utterly incredible (and I learned you can get garlic butter across the street, which makes me excited... yes, I know that is strange). More than that, though, I have to comment on the video games we played.


I am not much of a video gamer (rarely even turn on the TV), but I found a game I LOVE! My neighbor just bought the Singstar Karaoke program and it is fabulous. It's essentially just a karaoke program, but they had such good music and some really cool functions. You can even record your voice over the artist and then play it back alone and upload your track (and the video) to the internet! Granted, it revealed just how awful I am at karaoke (who cares... I still love it) and this is starting to sound like an advertisement for Singstar, but this program is amazing.


Anyways, I had spent the afternoon correcting papers on the beach, but I was hoping to only stay at dinner for a littel while and get home and do more marking before bed. After a delicous dinner, the game and a run-in with a poisonous mukade (like a centipede) at my friend's apartment, however, I ended up staying too late. It was worth it, though, even if I did pass-out with a red pen in my hand!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home