Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Friday, June 27, 2008

TGIF... and a-beer gardening-we-go!

It's Friday! It's been a long week, but all the busy days at work are done and I think we've covered most of the ad space for the Guidebook we're working on for Tokyo Orientation this summer... so I'm feeling good. I wrote two tests today, too... hard to believe first term finals start next week. Time is flying.

I need to get pictures from the week up, too. The yukata matsuri on Monday was a blast. It basically involved walking around and taking yoga-pose pictures on the front lawn of the castle in the dark, but everyone looked so great in their summer kimono. Also been catching up with some friends in the area. Saw the last three episodes of LOST with Clam last night (so good! how are they going to make three more seasons, tho?!) and have been talking to the two young female teachers at my school more. One lives in my apartment complex and came over for some loco moco (hawaiian food) and fun with other neighbors on Thursday. I'm considering moving, as well, but not sure if that is even an option (even though an opportunity may be available). Would prefer more space if possible, but I like my little apartment...we'll see.

Tonight is a big Sayonara party in Kobe for people leaving soon. This season is always full of so much change!

I have to go, but hope you have a wonderful weekend everyone and I'm sure I'll have much to report on Monday. Cheers :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home