Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Golden Week - Checking in

Wow, I went hiking for 10 hours today and am having a ball!

I actually enjoy traveling alone (freedom to go and do what I please - also theraputic!), and even though I am the only foreigner at my hostel, I just had a really nice conversation with people traveling from all over the country.

Check out Yakushima online...the island is a UNESCO World Heritage Site... so beautiful! Anyways, just wanted to check in to say hello and let you know I am safe.

Off to Beppu tomorrow.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:15 AM, Blogger Masa Saito said…

    Oh wow, you are traveling alone? I like the way you do because you can do whatever you can do on your own. A group tour isn't my favorite trip and I am pretty much independent traveler. By the way, I went on the Akashi bridge tour and it was awesome! Check it out on my picasa album or some photos from facebook. Talk to ya later.

     
  • At 4:21 AM, Blogger Brenda Ann Elizabeth McKinney said…

    Hey! Ive hardly been on the net in the last few weeks, but excited to see your pics! Thanks for the invite, too! I can't believe I haven't been to the bridge obs. deck yet myself, but I'm definitely going this summer :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home