Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Spring Breakin' It for the KIDS

When I made the decision to move to Japan a year and a half ago, going to Cambodia with PEPY Ride, an amazing volunteer program established by a small group of young, motivated people from Japan like me, was one of my goals (or at least on the wish list!?).

Therefore, it is extremely exciting for me to be able to tell you more about my upcoming Rural Experiential Tour to Phnom Penh, Stung Treng and Siem Reap, Cambodia in March!

I am not sure how big our group will be yet, but we will be volunteering at the PEPY Friends School in Stung Treng province, as well as getting to do some pretty awesome cultural activities like visiting a Mekong dolphin conservation group in Kratie and exploring the less-traveled areas of Cambodia (hopefully with the kids).

Prior to making our way over to Phnom Penh to meet the group, my friend Tam and I are also planning on spending several days in Laos. I would also like to visit Ankor Wat in Siem Reap at the tail-end of this trip ("like to" is an understatement), but those plans are also in the plannign stages. The reason I am going is for the school, however, and majority of my time will be spent in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. I can't wait :-)

I know about 5 people who have participated in this program, and have full faith in what they are doing. Anyways, I just wanted to share, but more info on Cambodia and what I will be doing shortly!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home