Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Music In Osaka

The best part of living in/near a big city is access to and variety of entertainment. What's more, while it can be a bit pricier in Japan than at home, the venues are often smaller so you have a more intimate experience at concerts here.

I'm gonna hit up Bjork's tour next month (getting excited just typing that), had to miss the Roots for the Conference last week (but they come about every year), and was just a little crushed when I checked a list of events and found out I missed Suzanne Vega this week. You know her, right?... Luka and Tom's Diner (do, do, do-do... do, do, do-do...do, do, do-do, do-do, do-do)... love that song!


Anyways, just thought I would mention it because a) I love music, b) I am in the mood to post things here and c) because I wanted to see if anyone thought Suzanne was looking a bit much like Dita Von Teese these days?:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home