Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Self-Improvement on the Web

Found this random expat's blog in Tokyo (so many notebooks to do... time to get off when I am surfing expats's blogs), but I found something kinda cool.

Check out this self-improvement blog the guy recommended.

I love the furniture-swap idea. Actually, I know of several people who have done clothing swaps, where you bring the stuff you don't want, put it in the pile and then you can take up to the number of things you brought from that pile. My old roommate got a really awesome jacket and vintage t-shirt from one in Minneapolis... I would do it here if most of my friends lived closer together and we had more stuff here. Furniture, though... that's a new one. Love it.

Considering this is still January, I suppose this also could work as a segway into the concept of resolutions. I don't have any huge ones this year; just to make an effort to cherish my friends and family more (like calling and seeing people I always say I will, but don't) and following my instincts, or making choices that are right for me. I've never been one to do diet resolutions, but I did give up chocolate and pop for lent last year and haven't gone back to being a Coca-Cola fiend yet >;-)

Anyways, the site is just food for thought for ya'll to nibble on. I'm off to bed, but Bon Appetit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home