Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Exam Week is HERE!

I am never going to get used to the sound of my voice being blasted over the load speakers for 30 minutes as the first year students take their Oral Communiation Final (Listening Test). This time, we did a telephone conversation and I made this funny, fake ringing noise... now even the teachers are mimicking the kids, mimicking the noise.

I just got a huge stack of tests dropped on my desk to correct, not to mention all the notebooks that just got turned in, so I'm suddenly back to busy for a moment. It's better that way, though, and the kids are absolutely adorable coming to the door to turn in their notebooks. I overheard one group of boys doing janken (basically rock, paper, scissors... used here to decide who does something like we would flip a coin), trying to decide who was going to come talk to me. I ran up to the group and threw in my sign; they were really startled at first but it was funny when they realized it was me. They let me know they thought the listening test was too hard, but it's not completely my fault when we aim for a 60% average... I bet the boys did better than they thought.

Alright, I really do need to get this stuff marked so I can get grades in. Hope your weekends are going well, though, and more soon! xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home