Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Another Round of Interview Tests...

Tomorrow is the last day of 1年生の「オラル」の面接の試験 (I have no idea if that's right, but it should say first year "Oral Communication" interview testing). Actual finals start on Wednesday and our 簿年会 (end of the year work party) is on Friday. Man, time is flyin'!

So far in the Interview testing, I've started wearing my little parka (complete with fur hood) in the hall because it got so cold sitting in the hall for an hour at a time (could see my breath during the test today!!), discovered the Japanese Napoleon Dynomite (kid you not... made the "hhhhhaaaaaaaaa" breathing sound for almost 5 minutes when I asked him questions although I shouldn't comment too much in case there are issues behind it) and realized another female student speaks exactly like a higher-pitched Cartman from South Park (it's really cute when she does it, though).  Oh, and I have been playing Marry Poppins for the class while I am interviewing individual students, but I still walked in on one class where several kids had their socks and shoes off and were doing flips (like gymnastics flips) across the room.  

We'll see what they come up with tomorrow.  Some of the new notebooks have had some interesting stories and the last classes had the most to study, so I have high hopes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home