Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Friday, July 27, 2007

RSS Feeds

While I definitely enjoy riding the waves of some cyber trends (introduced my mom to Perez Hilton this week – she wanted to know whether I thought Britney or Lohan was worse – HA!), I am apparently the last person to jump on the RSS train. I was only recently introduced to the concept when my friend Zak mentioned it casually in a group conversation and it caught my interest. Then it came up again a few weeks later at a meeting for the charity committee I am on, and this week, my little brother asked about adding my blog to his RSS feed (apparently deeming it read-worthy).

You will hopefully see the Google RSS icon on this page soon.

One more update:
I've been pretty busy as of late, and am behind on publishing my posts - I'll be posting a few reports from the last few weeks in the next couple days! I've got some big ones (incl the Gion Matsuri in Kyoto, my first Tigers game at Koshien stadium, and the Osaka Tenjin Matsuri), so they're taking more time than expected. I'm heading to Shizuoka Prefecture for the weekend (doing an all-night Mount Fuji hike to catch the sunrise from the summit), but stay tuned...

2 Comments:

  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger Gunnar said…

    You've been on the RSS train for a long time, having published feeds for both posts and comments since day 1 :)

    And by Google do you mean Mozilla? :)
    http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/feed-icon-guidelines

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Brenda Ann Elizabeth McKinney said…

    Hey Gunnar! I love your comments... and it's kinda funny (in a good way) to hear your English. I can see the effect of all those books you read (more recommendations always welcome).

    Anyways, yes, that was a mistake... it's Mozilla, not Google. Thanks, mate:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home