Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Random Acts of Kindness

I remember watching the Rosie O'Donell show a few years back when she discovered a bill (maybe $10?) with the phrase, "Random Act of Kindness" written on it. Apparently, some kind soul had dropped cash around the city to make some peoples' day. In response (if I remember correctly), Rosie returned the favor by continuing the chain and depositing her own flow of cash (individual bills) on the busy streets of NYC for others to find.

It looks like something similar may be happening in Japan: http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/07/11/japan.toilet.reut/index.html

I might technically work for the government, but I'm not a guy, so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to find anything in the ladies room soon... but kind of a curious little story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home