Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Norovirus

So I was just reading the headlines on CNN.com, and look what I found. It seems that hundreds of people on this cruise ship are ill with a form of illness called norovirus. I am not sure if you know what this is, but I am familiar with norovirus. And I think it just taught me a lesson: Just be careful with the seafood you eat!
I hadn't heard of this virus before I got here (potentially because I was formerly landlocked?), but it seems like everyone is getting it. One of the women I sit by at work got it from eating some bad muscles and had to get a series of injections (or something...) at the hospital. Another friend went to dinner with her English department and they all got either food poisoning or norovirus from whatever they ate (what a nightmare!). So anyways, just a tidbit about culture here (or current events?)... and remember to be careful with those muscles!


http://edition.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/01/24/cruiseship.outbreak.ap/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home