Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Monday, November 27, 2006

New Wheels

After three months on the old granny bike, I finally retired my old wheels for a newer, cooler, prettier model. I inherited my old bike from another expat. It was about 10 years old, completely rusted and the wheel was bent. It wasn’t until it was stolen, then brought back (well, or I found it a little ways away, near the train tracks, hours after discovering it missing) and the back tire was destroyed that I decided to get a new bike.
After a lot of research (type A shining thru here), I finally got the new bike. I realized today the dark forest green is the same color as my favorite car color (dark green or burgundy). Then again, I suppose the bike is sort of my car in Japan (unless I do get the pink Honda moped I have been eyeing after all), so I guess it makes sense the color matches. It also has a dark brown wicker, basket and an automatic light, so I'm all set.
Anyways, big day for me and something else I have to be grateful for on Thanksgiving. Happy Holidays… hope yours was great, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home