Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wow, only in Japan...

A few weeks ago, I went to a birthday party in Osaka. To make a long story short, my purse strap broke, so I ended up buying a new one and carried the old one (and the heavier things in my purse) in a shopping bag.

Well, somewhere around 4:30am, I lost the bag. I am not sure if I left it in front of the McDonalds we stopped at or in\\ the Shinsaibashi bathroom station, but it did not really matter. It was gone.

Or so I thought.

Today I get a call at work from the Himeji Police Department. They have my purse, and found me by looking up the name on my Intl Drivers License (and then where I work). It's been about a week since the bag disappearance, and Himeji is about one and a half hours from Osaka. Yet everything was in the bag....

You hear stories of people losing their wallets and having them mailed to them (cash included), but the magic of Japan truly hits home when it happens to you. I am impressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home