Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Unpacking to Pack Again

Unpacking at the moment, so probably a bad time to send an update (still living out of suitcases, but starting to address all the "other" things I didn't send or bring home with me on this most recent move as I prepare to move to Boston in 2 weeks).  Wow.  I don't even know what to say.  I own SO MUCH STUFF.

Started going through all my stuff in storage and I'm slightly shocked (horrified?) by all that I own.  Probably a whole apartment worth of stuff at the farm (kitchen stuff, bed, etc), but just the clothing, sentimental paperwork (souvenirs and brochures from travel and Japan stuff I've brought back in past visits) and other random tidbits (especially jewelry, gifts, boxes, frames...).  Mammoth amount. Out of control. 

I think I need to simplify my life a bit.  I've always been a little bad with transition in the first stages (can you tell? haha), but like moving around and like my space and that lifestyle is just not congruent with the massive amount of material things I own.  I definitely don't need anything right now, which is a good thing, but I am really considering looking into holding a garage sale before I go!!

Alright, back to organizing (just thought I'd comment)!  More later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home