Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Mission Packing - Complete.

Somehow I pulled it off and packed up everything in my apartment. The space is really not that big and I had nothing when I came, so not really sure how I managed to take out 22 bags of trash, but the place is looking good.

I finally finished everything around 3am last night (furniture in the kitchen for the floors to be replaced, etc) and have been cleaning most of the day today. I went into Harinan, my visit high school, for the morning since it's my last day, but I had to get back to the apartment to meet a coworker from my normal school who helped me when the gas, electricity, water and tatami people came so I could pay my last bills in cash.

As for packing and getting things home, I thought I was going to make it without sending anything, but after actually putting things into the suitcase, I realized I am better off sending my books and papers home since the book rate is so ridiculously cheap (and I can't really be bothered to cut the pile down further anymore). Other than that, even the shoes are good to go!

Feeling pretty good about this feat right now.  Even though it's a sad goodbye, it's also a happy one in some ways as I'm sad because I've had so much fun here. Getting cheesy, so I think I'll end this here.  But packing is checked off the list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home