Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Farewell Ceremony at Harinan

Just gave a farewell speech at my 2nd high school. Nailed the Japanese (memorized) and wasn't even nervous even though it was 1,000 people. It helps that I gave almost the same speech a week ago and didn't know these kids as well (slightly less emotional, even though I am going to miss my Global and ESS kids a LOT.  Right now I'm actually feeling like I've actually accomplished something here :-p

Packing is INSANE. It looks less like a tornado ripped through the middle of my apartment at this point, but progress is slow.  Probably taking out 20 bags of trash (10 down, the rest in the kitchen) and I have a ways to go, but getting there. I have to be ready on Sunday, but have a birthday party tonight and wedding tomorrow. Whoosh! Things have hit the fan!

I also recently found out I might not have to be in Boston until September, so may have an extended stay in MN. You know me... was immediately disappointed that I could have stayed or traveled more when i found out, but now thinking it'll be WAY less stressful. YAY!

Need to go.  They forgot about our speeches to the staff this morning, so we're going to give them during lunch (soon).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home