Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Friday, February 20, 2009

We Can Riiide.... Baby Girl, We're standing on an electric Field...

What a weekend. So, as you know, last weekend was Valentine's Day (and, yes, I went to a dance party in a big, tacky, poufy dress to celebrate said event - as you already know if you are on Facebook).

In the name of such kitsch and grandeur, thought I'd post something else that might bring a few smiles... a few videos of stuff I've been into recently! Hope you enjoy:

Songs that make me want to get up and dance...

No joke. This will literally get me out of bed and on my feet. The video is pretty cute, too (get it?... his friend is supposed to be an iPod!)


This isn't the official video, BUT... if you do catch the original on You Tube: 10 points if you can tell me where the "creepy animal band" is from. Totally old school - brings me back to the pre-K days ;)

Good song anyways...


This one is by a Maori (native NZ) singer named Tiki, who's famous for being a member of a different band called Salmonella Dub. The song's a bit slower, but the rhythm is just so smooth - there is something about it that makes me smile.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home