Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

So first of all, a huge HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY to everyone!

I had an absolutely excellent weekend, hosting some friends at my place and going to Prom (again) of all things. I also got probably one of the best presents I have ever gotten (since last year, at least) - homemade out of construction paper, markers and glue - so I'm pretty happy:)

I don't have a ton of time to write at the moment (and will elaborate on that gift later), but I was just catching up on some friends' blogs and I was absolutely blown away by my friends Megan and Tom (a couple) and their tribute of love to each other over the net. I guess it got me to thinking and I just wanted to drop a note to say hello and send warm wishes to everyone out there that I know follows this thing.

I understand and will agree that V-day is a very commercial event and I get the feeling that - even though Valentine's Day is truly celebrated around the world - it is largely the Americans that consider the day a big holiday. But there is something nice about taking a day to tell the people you love and care about what they mean to you. You should do it everyday, but if you don't, I like the concept of setting aside time to recognize the small things and appreciate the people that matter most.

So, I will quickly say: I hope you have had a lovely weekend. I hope you are safe. I hope you are happy. And I am very grateful to have you (all of you know who you are) in my life - I've been so lucky to have known so many beautiful people that have influenced me in so many amazing ways! And leave it at that!

Happy Valentine's Day 2009 with love from Akashi! xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home