Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Good News, Bad News

The Good News:

The NHK guy just came to collect my television fees, but I told him I don't have a TV, don't watch Japanese TV and can't understand enough anyways (even though I said all of this in Japanese...). And the guy left! I feel like I won. Not sure what I won, but I'm pretty happy about how smoothly that went. NHK is many a foreigner's nightmare.

The Bad News:

The pinata idea might be out :-( My creations have been sitting for 48 hours and the paper mache is still not dry. I don't know if it's because my apartment is so cold during the day or possibly because my place is damp, but there's nothing I can do right now. Bummer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home