Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Wish I wasn't doing taxes, but otherwise great weekend.

It's a ridiculous hour right now, but I'm up to call the IRS to ask about the economic stimulus checks that all of the other Americans living here seem to have gotten last year and I didn't receive.  Yeah, I know what you're thinking... I didn't think I would qualify either, as I'm living abroad... but when everyone else I have spoken with got a few hundred bucks with identical tax status, it has to make you wonder.

Things are going well other than me being tired and ready to go to bed after this call.  I had a really nice weekend, filled with hotsprings and time with friends.  Friday was the last day with my 3rd years (including my International Studies class), so I left school sort of late and then decided it wasn't worth it to go to Japanese class if I was going to make it after break.  Headed over to Dave's to watch a movie I've been pumped about seeing with him and Chris, but we ended up talking. It was a relaxing evening. Fun rest of the weekend.  But probably time for bed, now...

Wish me luck with the taxes. Hopefully I won't be dreaming of 1040s for too long...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home