Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Finals are Finished... and so are the 3rd Years!

Wow, well the third year students finished their last test today and are officially done with classes!

I spent quite some time this morning photocopying all the letters and New Year's cards that the American high school students (from Armstrong and Minnetonka High Schools in Minnesota, USA) sent to my kids, so they could take the memories with them, but it hasn't really kicked in that these students aren't coming back once they go.

I just sat with some of the 3の1 girls in their empty classroom (after they had finished with a massive cleaning spree), eating the cake that one of them made and chatting. These students especially have become a big part of my routine over the last few years and have taught me so many lessons about Japanese culture and the Japanese language (maybe more than I have taught them in ways)... I am going to miss them!

I've got to get going but I just wanted to check-in quickly. I might not be on the net much this weekend, but I am really looking forward to the next few days, especially a movie night after class tonight and hiking tomorrow.

Full report coming on Monday. Until then... Enjoy your weekend :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home