Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ready for Vacation

Well, I am definitely ready for a break!  I either lost or had my wallet stolen today and my whole life in writing (alien registration and national insurance cards, credit cards, cash card, license, etc) was inside.  There was about $80 in cash, so the police and train station reps have told me it is likely the person who found my wallet (if it did fall out of my bag) probably took the money and threw the wallet away. I'm crossing my fingers that I get a call and they've found it... but for now, I'm just going to have to rearrange my holidays (no more roadtrip in Australia without a license & I booked most things with the soon-to-be-cancelled credit cards), cancel the cards and hopefully arrange as much as I can with the Japanese cards when I get back.  What a hassle!  

It's Japan, so fingers crossed the wallet shows up, but the good news is that I'll be in Australia in a week and I finally submitted my grades today (after writing 5 tests and correcting about 350 tests and 200 notebooks, thank you!).  

Blah.  I know mine aren't serious problems compared with a lot of people, but vacation couldn't come soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home