Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A Tyrant of a Tuesday

Extremely busy day today. Full day of classes and back under the mountain of notebooks (even though I secretly love it...). Nobody told me we were going to do a full physical at school today, either. Ok, that's sort of a lie. I got the sheet, but it was in kanji so I filed it and hadn't un-filed it to ask. Anyways, I spent a while at the make-shift clinic in the morning, and at lunch, came to the sad realization that it's getting to be too hot outside for me to be able to enjoy my staple lunch food, Japanese curry.
After school, the ESS girls and I planned for next's week's cultural festival (gonna be off the hook! It's prom themed, but they had some awesome ideas and we went shopping for supplies).
I met Brianne in Kobe for dinner. We were supposed to go to Tsotsi (yes, it's on DVD at home, but just came out here.. happens a lot... The Holiday and Babel are newly in theatres!) and then to the Russian restaraunt. Once again, fate was just not on our side in either case (Tsotsi's only in Osaka now & the Russian place was closed), so we went to a ramen joint and talked. We swapped picture CDs from the Korea trip and Brianne gave me a belated birthday present, which is ironic, because I also got a belated birthday card in the mail this week from a friend at home (not going to complain - very sweet - but it's funny considering my half-birthday is in a month!).

I am wiped, so... Tomorrow is a new day! Time to end this one! Night folks.

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
By the way, check out this travel website I discovered. Looks like it could be good: http://www.world66.com. They have an option where you can tell them what countries you have been to, and they will generate a map (sort of the electronic version of the ole map-with-tacks display). I've now been to over 30 countries... maybe I'll try it out and send out a link:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home