Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Monday, June 04, 2007

I think I am in Love!

.
... with this man's lesson plans!

I wanted to tweak the first year lesson we did last week (I do each OC class with 300 kids, or 14 classes, so if it's not good... it's worth changing) and was just searching for inspiration for a good themed warm-up activity online when I came across the GenkiEnglish website.
Now, I've heard of GenkiEnglish before (genki means 'energetic' in Japanese - it's an ESL site that started in Japan but is used all over the world). I've regretably missed out on lectures by the site's creator in my area before (the site and talks are geared towards younger kids, so I skipped out on them), but the site is pretty good. Anyways, it turns out the creator/author has a sort of blog himself, with some interesting insight about teaching and Japan. I particularly liked the April 28th post, Why Japanese Food is like the Atkin's Diet.

Check it out: http://genkienglish.net/richardsdiary.htm

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Not much else is going on at school today, other than two classes and notebooks. I did just take my yearbook picture, however.
Only the "seniors" get yearbooks in Japan, but they are really nice - a lot of color (and cost about $150)! I hope the picture turned out well, because I think they will use it both this year and next....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home