Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Rice Toppings

I have four back-to-back classes in the afternon today, so I ordered a box set lunch (bento) from the cafeteria. Today's menu was pretty good (a lot of veggies and meat - I get special boxes without much fish or anything deep-fried after I got sick from eating a bento with a deep-fried mussel last year).

Anyways, we always have a big compartment with rice in the box, but today, they gave me a little packet of sesame & poppy seed mix to pour on top of the rice. The mix is pretty common here and I really like it, but I just have to say... does anyone else think it is strange that they are feeding the staff poppy seeds when we have to take urine tests at school tomorrow??!! I think they are just testing for illness tomorrow(not drugs - my friend had to submit a stool sample for illness at her school - yuck), but I am pretty sure any caf staff in America would think twice before serving poppy seeds, which have a reputation for messing with urine tests (right?).

1 Comments:

  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Gunnar said…

    Looks like either «Green light for codeine and morphine at work Day» or «Frame the Usonian Day» ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home