Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Kyoto, Kobe & some gosh darn good beef

I am starting to realize how lucky I have been to have time off during most of my visits. It's been a juggle being crazy busy at work this week (oh, those extra courses) and running around with Joe after work every night. All in good fun, though.

I met Joe in Kyoto for dinner last night. First of all, I fell asleep on the train ride over (as in, actually dreaming) and miraculously woke up the station before Kyoto over an hour later. I think I've been here too long - SO JAPANESE. Once the grogginess wore off and I found Joe, we made our way to Lock Up (the cave/horror house/prison theme restaraunt) for some tasty Japanese dishes and decided to stroll through Gion before heading back. AGAIN, I went through my little schpiel about how Geisha are so rare and how lucky Claire was to see them... and OF COURSE we run into FIVE maiko (apprentice Geisha) walking through the narrow lane. Kyoto is a long trip for an evening, but it was worth it and a nice place to go for an evening stroll.

My staff meeting ran later than expected tonight, but I met Joe at Kobe Pier and we went to China town (bubble tea and bean paste treats!) and had Kobe beef for dinner. Joe is coming to school for English club (playing Apples-to-Apples) after going to Himeji castle tomorrow before girls night and Indian food in Akashi. We're meeting Torbjorn on Friday in Osaka so I'm really excited to hear more about his story.

Anyways, appears to be yet another late night, so I think I need to crash. More fun to come!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home