Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Exchange Student at Takanan

Sitting in the staff room while my IS kids do their writing test right now and just heard some very interesting news. It sounds like my school is going to try out having a long-term exchange student. And where are they from? FINLAND!

I'm so annoyed because it would be so much fun having a european kid here, especially in my classes. Not to mention that most people in Finland speak Swedish, so I could totally rock out the Swedish (actually Norwegian...) with him/her.

But they're coming in September, so not going to happen. Haha, maybe I can at least send the welcome letter? Weird to send it in Swedish (ok, Norwegian... but... )? ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home