Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Last Listening Test & Amusing Distractions

I gave my last listening test to the International Studies students today. I was here working on it pretty late on Friday and have gotta say I’m proud of how that sucker turned out, especially all the matching and pictures I added. I’ll still have at least one more class with these students (who I see the most) after exams and before I leave, so I’m not devastated about this “last” quite yet, but it is a little weird. Come a long way, learned so much about teaching in these last few years. Amazing it’s going to be over-over so soon!

So now that the test is over, I have a bit of grading to do, but I’ve been really distracted all afternoon. I found out who is going to be replacing me when I leave! I probably shouldn’t put all of her information up here but I’m pretty psyched. It’s an American girl who seems fun, really interested in culture and Japan, a little experienced (some life experience out of college). 

I have a gut feeling she’ll be great… and I’ve only just sent her a welcome letter :-p

Random note – it was announced today that the annual school trip to Australia will be cancelled this year due to Swine Flu. Still? Silly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home