Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Recounting the Past - An Exciting Invitation

Something kind of cool just happened. A coworker approached me at my desk to show me a copy of a hardcopy book that our school publishes each year. I had never seen it before, but the book is a review of the best student essays from the past year, as well as reflections and student journals from school trips, events and several faculty-written essays for the graduating class. The reason I was shown the book is that I have been invited to write in it! I have until tomorrow to submit my essay in English, and then a colleague will translate it to Japanese.

I think I am going to spend a little time this afternoon thinking about what message I want to send or what to write. I'm definitely very flattered, though;, as this first time a foreigner has ever been asked to contribute and teacher submissions are by invitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home