Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Freaking Out the Bride

Weird situation tonight. After dinner with Amy and Kat, I went to Kristins. She rents the floor of a huge house near Lake Calhoun. I didn't have a cell phone with me, but I also haven't seen her yet and was in the neighborhood, so I thought I would stop by to say hi.

Well, I almost scared her to death knocking on the windows to try to get ahold of her (no doorbell and hard to warn her I was stopping without a phone). Her lights were on so I knew she was home, but calling her name and saying it was "me" just made her further frightened, thinking someone was trying to break in and knew her name. I knew she might be scared or something when she didn't respond, so I went to Lunds, a local grocery store with a free phone, called her and then went back to be let in properly (through the door).

It was good to see her, hear about our plans for the week and catch up, but she had a job interview in the morning, so it was short. That and the fact her friends were circling the block in their cars - looking for whomever was trying to break in - by this point and her fiance was calling to make sure she was safe.

No harm done, but first of the wedding week stories!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home