Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Back in Japan

Just got back, but have been on the go (literally, 7 hour bus ride and three planes) for the last few days so I'm gonna crash for a bit!

I probably need it. I got in at about 6am and headed straight to work from the airport. Despite the fact that I put my hair up, added a little gloss to the lips and changed into a more work-appropriate outfit at the airport (ok, the clothes were warmer and clean), I was detained by customs and asked about marijuana use and drug possession for at least 20 minutes this morning! They didn't understand why a young lady traveling alone I would go to India, Nepal, Cambodia and especially Laos for sightseeing and this "volunteer stuff." The officer made me dump out my purse and then proceeded to go through my bags, but he seemed surprised to find nothing. Funny..

Ok, more later! xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home